Who qualifies for the Safe Krib program?
If you are a new parent with no access to a baby bed, then you qualify. Our goals are to make sure all babies have a safe sleeping environment, to educate parents about infant sleep safety and prevent unintentional accidents from occuring.
Participants in the program must agree to:
- Place babies on their back to sleep
- Place babies on a firm, flat surface
- Use a sheet which fits tightly around the mattress
- Use a sleeper or a sleep sack instead of a blanket
- Keep baby's head and face uncovered
Participants in the program must agree NOT to:
Place babies on a soft mattress, couch, chair, pillow or other soft surface
Place babies on a mattress propped up against a wall
Dress babies too warmly
Use a crib with openings wider than a soda can (2 3/8")
Let babies sleep with toys, pillows, bumper pads, other children or pets
Use wedges or cushions to position babies
Smoke or allow anyone else to smoke near babies